Saturday 10 November 2012

Heart Felt Joy

I woke this morning with an overwhelming urge not to make anymore candles for a while.

After yesterday's horrible weather, the sun shone on the sea and made us think of going for walks in the countryside.  OK, it made me think of that, everyone else wanted to stay in, keep warm and do nothing.  Despite the sun, it was bitterly cold, so it took supreme effort and the hopeful looks of the dogs to make us drag ourselves up the lane.  It wasn't long before the sky darkened and we headed back, just in time before the heavens opened.
 
 
Once home and thawed out, I finished a couple of books, and then Pea and I settled down in the dining room where my craft things are, to make a wreath for our front door for Christmas!!!
 
I bought a twig wreath a few weeks ago, but it is decidedly naked and very un-Christmassy and was in dire need of some gorgeousness and glitter!
 
 
 
I am absolutely in love with the whole red and white Scandinavian style.  It is perfect for winter and Christmas being snow and berries, but it also works equally as well for summer strawberries and cream.  It is warm and cosy in winter but cool, fresh and happy in summer.  So guess what colours the twig wreath was destined to be?
 
 
 
 
I used felt as it is so quick and easy to work with and blanket stitched the edges to give a homely, handmade look.  Pea hadn't done this before, but it didn't matter if the stitches were a little wobbly - we were making this for us, and it will hang on our door for many years to come, full of memories.
 
Pea wanted to add some glitter, so I blobbed some glue here and there, then sprinkled on red glitter to see what affect it gave.  But shamefully I couldn't stop.  Pea sat there with a look of quiet hope, patiently waiting for her turn with the glitter, like a small dog waiting for a scrap to fall from the table.  Before I knew it, I had added glitter to everything and there was nothing for her to do.  What a dreadful mother I am.  I must be a glitter addict and plainly need help.
 
But on the up side, we are seriously pleased and proud of our afternoon's crafting.  We showed the boys...Hmm, enough (not) said.
 

I hope you have a lovely weekend and thank you for reading. xxx



1 comment:

  1. Amazing wreath,so original never seen one like before. C and i also had fun with glitter today,we made autumn soup in a saucepan, heres the recipe if u fancy making it: 50g of autumn leaves, 20g of mud,20g of sand,50g of stones, mix the lot wit, a stick and sprinkle with glitter! Enjoy! X x p.s shame on u hogging the glitter, poor Pea! X x

    ReplyDelete