Monday 12 November 2012

Keep Cosy and Carry On


It is very cold, wet and foggy, so there is nothing for it but to stay in, wear extra jumpers and eat comfort food.

The children went off to school very reluctantly in a thick drizzle and dense sea mist and will no doubt be expecting to come home to a huge hot dinner and a rib-sticking pudding.  The boys love meat, veg and gravy, with stuffing and bread sauce and Pea would ask for steamed syrup sponge.  Guess what I will be making this afternoon?

A gorgeous chocolate cake with coffee butter cream filling and topping made by H1.

I'm not feeling terribly inspired or craft enthused today.  Does anyone else get days like this?  I love making and thinking about what to make, but then suddenly I go flat and can't be bothered with any of it.  Thankfully it doesn't last very long and I suppose it does give me time to do other things I love, like read and bake, or just sit and day dream.  I also spend many hours of my life staring out of the window.  We are so fortunate here to have such beauty to stare at.

The view from my sewing table.  Lucky or what?
 
It doesn't look quite like this today as I can't actually see it, due to the fog, but never mind, I know it's there.  Oh no, Puppy has just done something unpleasant on the floor.  My fault for concentrating on this instead of him, typical bloke.  I had better go and clean it up, then make a start on tea.
 
I will leave you with a taste of something to come, hope you like it.
 
Have a good day, where ever you are and thank you for dropping by. xxx
 


2 comments:

  1. Mmm you're makin me hungry! Love the wreath too. You've inspired me to buy my first wreath to put on our front door this year. Just need to get a hook to hold it. Tara cariad x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah diolch cariad! I'm so glad I have managed to inspire you to buy a wreath, I can't wait to hang mine. We have two now, one for each door! Hopefully they won't blow off in the wind and end up in a field or the sea, on their way to Ireland! Have a good day. K xxx

      Delete