Friday 21 December 2012

Looking Forward

I am completely ashamed of myself, but I am looking forward to the New Year.  A whole fresh page to create new things, enjoy using pretty fabrics and papers, plant flowers in the garden, dream of a long, hot summer, reading new books and making new friends.  Exciting stuff to fill 365 new days with.  Bring it on!

Mum gave me the template to make these paper butterflies with.  If these don't say Spring, I don't know what does!  They are super easy to make which is rather gratifying at this hectic time of year, when patience is wearing a bit thin and we just want The Day here.


I added little wire bodies and bead eyes, then I strung them up on pink thread and tied them to a length of thin ribbon.


I must say I was absolutely delighted with this look.  Pretty, light and feminine.  Within about 2 minutes it had fallen off the door and Puppy was chewing one of the butterflies in a far too-gleeful manner for my liking.  I managed to rescue it but one of the eyes is still missing.  I do hope he hasn't eaten it.  Oh well, we will find out tomorrow - not that I want it back.


I bought a copy of January Molly Makes this morning and this picture really made me smile.  It is just like Pea first thing when I go to wake her!  I shall name it 'The Squashed Princess Pea'.  It also reminded me of my tiny collection of vintage hand embroidered tablecloths; if you can call 3 a collection.

I have quite a few that were made by my mum and nan, years ago, and I use them every day, but these are ones I bought from charity shops on the island and intend to....cut them up!!!  I am justifying this by saying that it is far better to use them for something like a bag, cushion or quilt, where they can be admired daily and have a purposeful life than be left in a drawer for ever more.

A candle is for life, not just for Christmas.  I am looking forward to developing some new ideas for my candles, trying some new shapes and styles and above all, having fun creating them.

Have a lovely day and fill your life with a little glow of happiness. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment