Wednesday 30 January 2013

Multi-Tasking

All humans are equal, but some are more equal than others.  Women, for example!  I am currently making candles in my kitchen while writing my blog post for today.  I will be bobbing backwards and forwards, checking the wax has heated to the correct temperature and trying not to forget anything important, (like the wick), or make any mistakes with my writing.  I apologise in advance!

The sun is out and the sky is blue, but the wind is howling round the cottage and banging at the back door to get in.  Not a chance.  It isn't quite so cold today, and with the sun streaming through the kitchen window, I am nicely warm without too many layers impeding my movements.  It has been bitterly cold of late and even MAL has suffered.

She actually stayed like this all night!

The sun is starting to bring out one of my favourite coastal flowers, the gorse.  You know what they say about gorse?  When the gorse is in flower, kissing is in season.  You can find a tiny yellow flower somewhere on a bush just about any day of the year, so kissing is never out of season!  But we knew that already.

Yesterday, my sister drove from England to visit us all.  She stopped off at our house at five o'clock.  We didn't see each other over Christmas as she sadly had 'flu really badly, so we exchanged presents at last and had sandwiches, fruit loaf, chocolate cake and cups of tea.

This is all that is left of the cake!

I showed sis my candles and gave her one to take home and enjoy.  She has to have an operation next Tuesday and will be in hospital for at least 3 days, so hopefully my candle will help her relax and recover when she is home again.  She loved the candles and what I have done with them and we had a chat about where I could sell them; real shops locally and of course Etsy, (that is, if I dare!).

During the day, mum and I went to our favourite fabric shop on the island to stock up on gorgeousness.

I know these are new and not thrifted but they are for work and therefore it is important that I get lovely things that people will want to buy.  Although I did get this bag full of lace from the bargain basket, so maybe that's OK!  The ribbons were from the big glass jar on the floor, full of little bundles of ribbons for 35pence.


Now who could possibly be expected to resist such blatant temptation?  Not me.  The best thing is I know exactly what I will be using them for!  Much nicer than buying, putting them away and waiting for that perfect project, (although that is fun too!).

Puppy has been a bit bored lately.  He had such fun in the snow but then the rain came and the already sodden ground became even worse and even to venture outside to the shed required wellies and a coat.  The dogs had to be grabbed and dried off before they could be let into the house, but somehow there are still muddy paw prints appearing.  This morning, because it was sunny and dry, Puppy could go and play outside by himself for a little while.  He got a bit lonely though and went to call his friends.


I don't think they heard him though.  They didn't come so he came back inside.

I hope you enjoy your day, kiss a little bit and call your friends! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment