Saturday 23 February 2013

Winter Again

After a week full of glorious sunshine, days of washing blowing on the line and smelling of the garden and fresh air when it is brought in later on, the weekend arrives and with it snow.  It has been fluttering to the ground all morning, but as yet it hasn't settled.  My head is too full of Spring and the Summer days to come to bother with thinking of building snowmen and wrapping up in several layers of jumpers.  So instead, I choose to think of ribbons.

I admit that may be a little unusual, and I think I spend more time than I should thinking of ribbons, but they make me happy, so why not?

I mean, just look!  The possibilities are endless as to what a person can do with a bit of ribbon.  And they come in all shapes, sizes, colours - well maybe not shapes as ribbons are essentially ribbon shaped, but you know what I'm getting at.  They are gorgeous and inexpensive and can make me smile at the very thought.  Maybe I am too easily pleased...?

Well if I am, I will live with that, whilst I am dreaming of ribbons.

I have been employed in a more useful area lately; I made some chunky breakfast bars and added some chopped milk and plain chocolate to the top.  I hardly have to tell you that they went down a treat and there are hardly any left.

Cakes that you can reasonably eat for breakfast; what could be better?

My friend is getting married in August and bless her, she has asked me to make some chocolate hearts as favours.  I gave her some to try and she was thrilled.  I am going to try dusting the tops with lilac lustre to add a bit of prettiness and to match her colour scheme of white and lilac.  I like that colour combo, I may have to make a candle with that in mind.

There was a bit of chocolate left in the bowl.  Amazing how that always seems to happen...

I bought a copy of Homemaker magazine this morning and gratifyingly, it is full to the brim with Spring projects and beautiful pictures in perfect pastel colours.  One of the features is taken from Granny Chic; the book that most of the crafting population had for Christmas.  It is the crocheted tea cosy.  My tea cosy is lovely and I am very proud that I made it from a scarf that I knit and then accidentally shrivelled up in the washing machine, but that was a few years ago and I think it is time I made a new one in fresh colours.

Staying true to my New Year's resolution of not buying new crafting materials, I dug around in my knitting bag and unearthed a few pastel colours that would do well as a new tea cosy.  This could be my Spring tea cosy.  I have one I made that looks like a strawberry that I use in Summer.

And the very first tea cosy I ever made, that is just bright and cheerful.  I must have been young and foolish when I made this as I naturally go towards pastel colours nowadays!

This one is now hugging my tea pot, even though there is nothing in it to keep warm.  It looks jolly in my kitchen though.  So I'm off to make a Spring version and dream of daffodils, blue skies and fluffy clouds and lambs skipping in the fields.

Have a lovely day and be excellent to each other. xxx

2 comments:

  1. hi there,I can totally see your point with ribbons, I love the feel of the satin ones.we use large ribbons in school to weave through the garden fence! bet you've never done that! C and I are snuggled under blankets watchin little mermaid dvd, after a busy day at eisteddfod the a birthday party. Enjoy your weekend blodyn x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that I had commented below, but maybe it was swallowed up by Blogger. I just wanted to say thank you for picking me, but I can't get in touch with you as you don't have your email in your profile, so you come up as a no-reply blogger. My email address is in my profile and also on my contact page on my blog - perhaps you could drop me an email and I can then send you my address.

    Love your tea cosies BTW!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete