Saturday 2 March 2013

It Is a Truth Universally Acknowledged...

That a single woman in possession of 3 children, 2 dogs,a squawking parrot, fish and a small business must be in want of a holiday.  Too right, but all she will get is five minutes with her favourite book - if she's lucky.

Pride and Prejudice is my comfort read; the place I escape to when it all gets too much in my little world.  I only have to read that first paragraph and I am there with Lizzy, Jane and their sisters, getting excited about the imminent arrival of Mr Bingley.  We don't know at this point that Mr Bingley is merely a smoke screen for Mr Darcy, as he is the one we are all longing to meet!

Ok, so he is a pompous ass at the beginning and if we actually met someone like him in real life, we probably wouldn't want anything more to do with him, just like Lizzy.  Thank goodness though, that he turns out to be perfect in the end!  Our lives are complete, and we can dream of Mr Darcy for ever more safe in the knowledge that he is one of the best men ever.  Phew!

I must apologise for my lack of posts this week.  I have been slaving over my computer and becoming more and more frustrated at my uselessness at being able to make it do what I want.  In the end I gave in and rang the computer man and asked him to sort it out.  I was a bit miffed when he said we could sit down together and sort it.  No you silly man, I want you to do it for me, not with  me. Huh.  Anyway, hopefully by Monday lunch time, I will have links from and to my blog, Facebook, Pinterest and finally MY ETSY SHOP!!!
Yep at long last, I have my shop up and running.  It took a while and I am sure my brain has lost weight in the process, but I did it and what's more, I did it all by myself!  I am very proud.  So if you want to have a peek hop over to Etsy and type in Windy Island Handmade and it should take you to my shop page.  If you want to wait until Monday, there will be a link on here that will take you straight to it.  I hope.

I have put some large candles on there for now, but I am working on new sizes at the moment.  Here is a sneaky peek at things to come.


Some of these floating candles are destined for Celebration Studio in Beaumaris.  I rang Christine earlier in the week and will be going to see her in a few weeks with some of my candles and hopefully she will like them enough to put them in her shop.  Fingers crossed!

I will let you know how we get on, but now I must dash off to pick up H1's friend.  He is coming here for the day, so the noise will be even more than usual, with 3 boys in the house.  Pea and I will be seeking solace in Pride and Prejudice...

Have a lovely day and keep smiling!  Thank you for dropping by. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment