Wednesday 6 March 2013

Quiet Day

It is cold and breezy; the fog is covering the sea and mountains, there is no sun.  Not the best day for inspiring creation, giving rise to enthusiasm or summoning energy.  I have therefore been looking round my home for the means of creating inspiration, but it isn't happening!  I can't find it!  That may be because it usually comes from inside me and today I just don't have it in me.  So somehow I have to make it happen.

My friend Helen, who also loves candles and has more than I do, even though I make mine, gave me an empty Yankee Candles jar.  How kind.  I promised her I would fill it up with one of my candles and she seemed quite happy with that arrangement.  So, knowing how much she loves food (sorry H, I didn't mean it like that!), I have made a Lemon Meringue Pie candle for her.


It smells exactly like warm Lemon Meringue Pie straight from the oven and is one of my favourite puddings ever.  In fact after I began making these candles for my Etsy shop, the kitchen was filled with this scent and the children's mouths were watering with hunger for a real LMP!  So I made them one; a huge one and it was gorgeous.  I haven't got a picture of it because it didn't hang around long enough!  That inspired me to make more food related candles and I have put some in my Etsy shop, if you want to have a look just click the Etsy button at the top of the page and it will take you straight there.  I have more candles waiting to go on there, so keep popping back for a peek and hopefully you will find something you like.

My sister had an operation yesterday and is feeling quite poorly today.  She is too far away for us to go and see her while she is still in hospital, but mum will be going to stay with her when she goes home.  We all miss her and feel sad we can't be with her.  We are all sending her lots of love for a speedy recovery and thinking about her every moment.  Get well soon sis.

I hope your day is filled with lovely things and that your inspiration doesn't desert you!  Thank you for dropping by. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment