Sunday 10 August 2014

Back In The Groove

Hello everyone!  After a three month wait for our Broadband and telephone connection to be fixed, we are finally back on line.  Technology is a wonderful thing, unless you live in a remote area then you may as well forget it!  Anyway, I have missed writing my blog and really cannot believe that I haven't been able to share my garden with you during what could argueably be the best two months of the year.  I am however, extremely grateful to have the Internet in our own home again, so won't complain any more about it.  It would take me hours to tell you all that has happened since I last wrote, and it would be dead boring for you to read, so instead I will show you some pics as you can easily glance over them and move on when you have had enough!

As the temperatures rose by the day, life in June was slow paced and idyllic...


The hot sun and simmering days continued into July; my garden grew, the farmers worked round the clock to bring in the hay and the children and I ate lazy meals of salad from the garden.  We wore shorts and floaty dresses, lay on the beach and read books in the garden.  The doors and windows were always open and our arms and legs grew more tanned.  We took long walks with the dogs late in the evenings when it was cooler; the lanes still dusty and hot from the blazing sun of the day.

Now August is here, the children are on their long Summer holiday from school and typically the temperatures have cooled down.  Rain waters the garden for me and we are beginning to harvest French beans, beetroot, potatoes and shallots from our plot.  We have made jam and our thoughts are turning to the preservation of our crops for the cold Winter months ahead.

So there we are; three months in pictures.  Quick and painless!  My children are beginning to look a little pale and drawn now so I had better go and make them some dinner.  Home made bread, gooseberry and apple mint jam and blackberry and apple crumble with ice cream.  It may be cool, but it's still Summer!

Thank you for reading and remembering me after all this time.  Next time I will be back to normal with the ramblings and musings of my life on a Windy Island in Wales. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment